NAME: Jenny Vipond
OCCUPATION: Animal wrangler (aka high school phys ed teacher)
WHERE YOU HEADING: To meet friends for breakfast
WHAT ARE YOU RIDING: Her name is Pinky and she is a 1980’s bianchi mountain bike, gallantly salvaged from the garbage by my father in law and lovingly painted pink and refitted by my hubby
WHY DO YOU RIDE: Because I can! I hate traffic, I’m lucky to be close enough to ride to work, meet friends, and do errands. Plus I rarely have to find parking.
IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT BIKING IN OTTAWA WHAT WOULD IT BE: Awareness. Sharing is caring people; share the road, share the sidewalk, share the bike path! We’re all out here trying to go somewhere, and enjoy the ‘ride’. There’s no need for entitlement or aggression.
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING:
- Shirt: Highlighter yellow v-neck from Ardene
- Shoes: TOMS
- Jeans: Rock & Republic (knock offs from China)
- Sunglasses:Ryders from my sister in law
- Watch: Fossil – a wedding gift from my hubby
- On the Bike: Pinky is “wearing” a coffee mug holder from Tall Tree Cycles
FAVOURITE SPOTS TO BIKE: Bike Path through the arboretum
FAVOURITE PLACE TO STOP AFTER A RIDE: Any coffee shop or bakery! A chocolate croissant makes any day better!